2018 FACL BC ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AGENDA:
FACL BC's 2018 Annual General Meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm at McCarthy Tetrault's Vancouver Office (Suite 2400 - 745 Thurlow Street).
This AGM is only open to current FACL BC members. Please register by July 6, 2018. If you are not a current FACL BC member, you can join/renew through our website.
For this upcoming 2018-2019 FACL BC year, the following individuals have been appointed by the Board as the Executives:
- 5:30-6:00 - Registration and networking reception
- 6:00 – President – Call for meeting to order
- 6:00-6:10 – Treasurer/ Secretary remarks – financials statements and membership details
- 6:10-6:20 – Outgoing President’s remarks
- 6:20-6:30 – Incoming President’s remarks
- 6:30-6:40 – Acknowledgement of departing board members
- 6:40-6:50 – Acknowledgment of remaining board members
- 6:50-7:20 – Election and appointment of new Board members and Secretary
- 7:20-7:30 – Closing Remarks and Adjournment
- 7:30 – Late - After party at JOEY Burrard (820 Burrard Street)
In addition to the Executives, the following members will also be on the Board:
- Chris Yan, President (Lawson Lundell LLP)
- Samson Chan, Vice-President, External (Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP)
- Jessica Lo, Vice-President, Internal (Lindsay Kenney LLP)
- Oliver Leung, Treasurer (BC Lottery Corporation)
- Maria Kim-Bautista, Advisory Director (Population Data BC, UBC)
- Hasan Alam, Director at Large (BC Government & Service Employees' Union)
- Sena Byun, Director at Large (TELUS Corporation)
- Julian Ho, Director at Large (Clarius Mobile Health )
- Louisa Winn, Director at Large (BC Prosecution Service, Ministry of Attorney General)
- Jayde Wood, Gala Chair Representative (Oyen Wiggs Green & Mutala LLP)
The Board Member nomination process is now closed. All candidates who have applied should prepare a short speech to present at the AGM as to why you are interested in our organization, the extent of your previous involvement, and the position you seek to run for.
The following positions on the Board shall be voted upon at the AGM:
- Directors-at-Large (4 positions): Alex Chang, Jeffrey Hernaez, Khalil Jessa, Lori Leung, Victoria Wu
- Secretary (1 position): Abigail Cheung, Victoria Wu
- UVic Student Director (1 position): Winkie Chan, Yi Le Lu, Fiona Wong, Michelle Wong
- UBC Student Director (1 position): Alice Kim, Rasmeet Mohar
- TRU Student Director (1 position): Taiyo Hasegawa *acclaimed*
CANDIDATE BIOS: FACL BC Board Candidate Bios 2018-2019.pdf
Proxy Voting: If you are unable to attend the AGM in person and would like to vote via proxy, please send your completed proxy form found below to email@example.com by July 9, 2018 at 5:00pm PST.
Once the completed form is submitted, your proxy will get an extra voting ballot at the AGM to vote on your behalf. You proxy must be a Full or Student Member of FACL BC and attend the AGM in person.
Note: to be eligible to vote by proxy, please make sure to have registered for the 2018/2019 membership through our website.
PROXY VOTING FORM: FACL BC - July 10 Proxy Form.pdfAll board members are expected to attend monthly board meetings (in-person & teleconference) and contribute actively to the planning and execution of FACL BC programming and initiatives.
FACL BC’s leadership team offers an excellent avenue for junior and experienced lawyers, and law students, alike to contribute to the community, establish rich and diverse new contacts, and build upon leadership skills. We are a pan-Asian organization celebrating the diversity of our Asian communities – we explicitly encourage South Asian, East Asian, West Asian, Southeast Asian, and other Asian-Canadian legal professionals to participate in FACL BC.
If you have any questions regarding your membership status, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A huge THANK YOU to the following board members who have announced that they will be stepping down from FACL BC Board:
- Kristian Arciaga, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP (2016-2018)
- Vania Choi, Law Society of British Columbia (2016-2018)
- David Fung, Whitelaw Twining Law Corporation (2016-2018)
- Stephen Hsia, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP (2016-2018)
- Karla Mukai, Campbell Froh May & Rice LLP (2011-2018) *founding member of FACL BC*
- David Namkung, The Counsel Network (2011-2018) *founding member of FACL BC*
- Roland Luo, Law Offices of Roland Luo (2016-2018)